STEP, the Dungannon based community development organisation will provide a public workshop / presentation, which will focus on how the Tory party’s Universal Credit scheme might affect you.
The presentation will, in particular address the following five questions:
- What is Universal Credit and how does it operate? – what is it supposed to do
- Why does Universal Credit not work and won’t ever work in practice?
- Why does the Government insist on trying to make it work?
- What can we do to challenge/ oppose / reverse Universal Credit?
- What would work and how do we get there? How do we turn it all around
Speakers Include: Bernadette McAliskey (STEP)
Venue: North West Migrant Forum, 10 Fountain Street, off Carlisle Road & Opposite Foyle side Shopping Centre